2022 Community Investment Process
Our application process for 2022 opens May 17, 2022. Successful applicants will receive funding from March 2023-February 2024.
Our funding review process takes place in 3 phases:
- Letter of Intent (open May 17th, due June 24th)
- Application by invitation (open Aug 30th, due Sept 30th)
- Interview Oct/Nov by invitation
Before beginning your online application please review the application guide. The guide provides samples, FAQs, tips, and instructions for the application platform.
At United Way, we help people. Granting funds to local charities is one of the major ways we help solve local and regional social problems. We invest for impact and outcomes.
Funding Guidelines and Criteria
- Organizations must be a Registered Canadian Charity.
- Organizations must provide programs and services in our region – Saint John, Kings and Charlotte Counties.
- Organizations must be addressing one or more of our community priorities:
- Moving people from poverty to possibility
- Helping kids achieve their full potential
- Mental health support
- Breaking the cycle of domestic violence
- Funding request must not exceed 30% of an organizations operating budget, in most cases.
- Minimum funding request is $15,000
- We support the real costs associated with delivering outcomes. Therefore, we provide funding for both program and operational expenses.
- We provide multi-year grants (the majority of our funding is committed for multiple years).
- We provide funding for system change and capacity building.
- For requests that engage and benefit multiple organizations, clear ownership and deliverables are required.
We do NOT provide funding for the following:
- Arts, culture, heritage, environment, sports, recreation or animal programs that do not demonstrate clear alignment with our social mandate
- Special events or conferences
- Activities that are considered core government services
- Medical or scientific research
- Capital projects, in most cases
- Service duplication, in most cases
As you consider applying for funding, we encourage you to contact Alexya Heelis, Executive Director, to discuss your ideas.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR FUNDING
For more information or assistance, please contact Alexya at Alexya@unitedwaysaintjohn.com
For a complete list of programs, services and strategies currently funded, please click here.