The Quarter Club, powered by the United Way, forms a community of inspiring leaders driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good. The most challenging social problems from Saint John to Sussex to St. Stephen cannot be solved by government and non-profits alone. Quarter Club members work toward a stronger community where kids are safe and successful, families thrive, and our neighbours have dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of the Club, members use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their business, employees and community.
Quarter Club businesses demand the highest standards of verifiable social impact to balance profit and purpose. Club businesses are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable Greater Saint John.
The values and aspirations of the Club community are embedded in the United Way’s courageous approach to impact investment. Through a rigorous vetting process, the United Way invests in local social programs that show results by improving the lives of kids, adults, seniors and families.
United Way supports the best run agencies having the greatest social impact. When you join the Club, you can too.
The Quarter Club is Zeroing In
Our region has the highest rate of violence against young girls in Canada. Quarter Club leaders are banding together to make this stop. In partnership with the United Way, we have identified two ways to tackle this problem:
- By investing in solutions that break the cycle of domestic violence.
- Helping everyone have access to the mental health support they need.
Specifically, we are investing in solutions that:
- Help kids grow up safe by helping moms leave abusive relationships.
- Help hard working families get good counselling.
- Help families recognize abuse.
- Help parents set goals and make progress towards a better future.
Join the Club
- Click HERE to be a Quarter Club leader driving a global movement of using business as a force for good.
- Invest $2500 per year (or $210 a month) for 5 years.
- Promote your participation online and onsite to your customers, suppliers/partners and employees.
- Receive quarterly updates including an annual network meeting to discuss local issues and the impact your investment is having.
Quarter Club Benefits
- The Three “C’s” – Connected, Caring and Collaborative – Be a part of a progressive, values-based network of like-minded business owners.
- Local – 100% of funds are invested in the Saint John region from Sussex to St. Stephen.
- Results–oriented – See the impact of your community support.
- Bold – Stand out, brand your socially responsible business.
- Simple – Giving made easy.
- Empowering – Say ‘yes’ only once, with confidence.
- Impact – Economies of scale, compound impact.
- Smart – A subscription with a charitable receipt that you can use.
- Efficient – United Way will manage financial contributions, receipting, reporting, and accountability of your investment and will communicate results.
- Optimistic – Together, we are improving the lives of kids and families in the Greater Saint John region.
Quarter Club Leaders
To learn more please contact Wendy MacDermott, (506) 658-1212.