Community Excellence Award Winners – 2021 Campaign
Welcome to the United Way Award
Presented to workplaces that have introduced themselves to The United Way this year with vitality, excitement and achieved excellent results.
- Kindred Home Care
- Julia Hurst Realty
- Luxury Beauty
- Emily McGill HR Professionals
Top Five Employee Giving
The following organizations were recognized for being the 5 workplaces that raised the most money in 2021 through employee giving and special events.
- TD Bank Group $100,650
- JD Irving Limited $53,390
- City of Saint John $53,300
- NB Power $51,892
- Canada Revenue Agency $40,767
Top Five Corporate Giving
The following organizations were recognized for giving the top five corporate donations to the United Way in 2021.
- Saint John Energy over $63,000
- TD Bank Group over $42,000
- Crosby’s Molasses $26,500
- Scotiabank $22,275
- Royal Bank $18,000
Quantum Leap Award
Presented to the organization that experienced exceptional growth in their 2021 campaign.
- WorkSafe NB
- Mariner Partners Inc.
- Saint John Learning Exchange
Everyday Hero Award
Presented to the workplace that has the most “Everyday Heroes”. An “Everyday Hero” gives $1 or more per day for a year.
- IAFF LOCAL 771 – SAINT JOHN FIREFIGHTERS
100% Giving Award
Presented to a workplace that has 100% employee giving to the United Way campaign.
Presented to the workplace that has made a substantial contribution to the United Way over the past 15 years.
United In Action Award
Throughout the pandemic, local organizations, workplace champions, and businesses have stepped up to become United in Action. Presented to the workplaces who have demonstrated their #LocalLove
- Liberty Utilities
- Moosehead Breweries
Valued Community Partner Award
Presented to an organization that supported the United way through an innovative partnership or sponsorship.
Outstanding Campaign Volunteer Award
Presented to the ECCs who used their creativity, enthusiasm, and leadership to run an inspirational campaign.
- Ginny Hourihan (Bayview Credit Union)
- Cathy Anderson (Costco)
- Shannon McLaughlin (Cox & Palmer)
- Karl McCarthy (BMO)
- Tom McDermott (NB Power)
- Chloe Murphy (Saint John Energy)
- Emin Civi (UNB Saint John)
- Susan Carpenter (Veteran’s Affairs)
- Debbie McLeod (Social Development)
- Gord McNamee (Wyndham)
- Trudy Atherton-Hall (EUB)
- Alexandra Fournier (DAL MED)
- Janice Legere (Emera)
- Michelle Cook (Innovatia)
- Tracy Kilpatrick (Irving Paper)
- Derek Ross (Saint John Fire)
- Deanna McHugh (Scotiabank)
- Steven Frits (Scotiabank – Sussex)
- Tracy Duffy (Stewart McKelvey)
- Christopher Riley (Synoptek)
- Wanda-Lee Pardy (TD Insurance)
Outstanding Campaign Team Award
Presented to campaign teams that effectively used teamwork and strategic thinking to improve their campaigns.
- Source Atlantic
- Social Development
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Teed Saunders Doyle
- NB Power – Point Lepreau
Best Overall Non-Profit Giving Campaign
Presented to a funded partner agency who has demonstrated what it means to build a better community by supporting their local United Way Campaign.
- Family Plus Life Solutions