Community Excellence Award Winners – 2022 Campaign
Welcome to the United Way Award
Presented to workplaces that have introduced themselves to The United Way this year with vitality, excitement and achieved excellent results.
- Bone Physiotherapy & Wellness
- Project Group Ltd
- Hub International
Top Five Employee Giving
The following organizations were recognized for being the 5 workplaces that raised the most money in 2022 through employee giving and special events.
- TD Bank Group $114,254
- NB Power Point – Lepreau, Coleson Cove, Efficiency Services & Members of IBEW Local 37 $48,732
- City of Saint John – Cupe Local 18, Cupe Local 486, Saint John Police Union, IAFF Local 771, And Management & Non-Unionized Employees $48,178
- Canada Revenue Agency/Agence Du Revenu Du Canada $45,519
- JD Irving Limited $44,275
Top Five Corporate Giving
The following organizations were recognized for giving the top five corporate donations to the United Way in 2022.
- Saint John Energy over $70,000
- TD Bank Group over $50,000
- Stewart McKelvey over $29,000
- Crosby’s Molasses $26,500
- Royal Bank $18,540
Quantum Leap Award
Presented to the organization that experienced exceptional growth in their 2022 campaign.
- Port Saint John (over 1000% growth!)
- NB Dept of Transportation (400% growth)
- Xerox Canada (over 250% growth)
- Stewart McKelvey (almost 200% growth)
- WorkSafe NB 92%
- The Shaw Group/Prestige Homes 107%
Everyday Hero Award
Presented to the workplace that has the most “Everyday Heroes”. An “Everyday Hero” gives $1 or more per day for a year.
- IAFF LOCAL 771 – SAINT JOHN FIREFIGHTERS
100% Giving Award
Presented to a workplace that has 100% employee giving to the United Way campaign.
Presented to the workplace that has made a substantial contribution to the United Way over the past 15 years.
- NB Power Point – Lepreau, Coleson Cove, Efficiency Services & Members of IBEW Local 37
Valued Community Partner Award
Presented to an organization that supported the United way through an innovative partnership or sponsorship.
- Area 506
- Keller Williams Capital Realty
- Cox & Palmer
- The Ginger Agency
- Medavie Foundation
Outstanding Campaign Volunteer Award
Presented to the ECCs who used their creativity, enthusiasm, and leadership to run an inspirational campaign.
- Ginny Hourihan (Bayview Credit Union)
- Shannon McLaughlin (Cox & Palmer)
- Karl McCarthy (BMO)
- Debbie McLeod (Social Development)
- Gord McNamee (Wyndham)
- Trudy Atherton-Hall (EUB)
- Janice Halassy (Emera)
- Tracy Kilpatrick (Irving Paper)
- Derek Ross (Saint John Fire)
- Tracy Duffy (Stewart McKelvey)
- Wanda-Lee Pardy (TD Insurance)
- Chisom Ezeh (Port Saint John)
- Andrew Dykeman (NB Power – PLNGS)
- Patti Breaker (NB Power – PLNGS)
- Pierrette Robichaud (GNB Dept of Transportation & Infrastructure)
- Tom MacDermott (NB Power-Energy Efficiency Services)
- Emily Nelson (NB Power-Energy Efficiency Services)
- Megan Cooke(NB Power-Energy Efficiency Services)
Outstanding Campaign Team Award
Presented to campaign teams that effectively used teamwork and strategic thinking to improve their campaigns.
- WorkSafe NB
- Source Atlantic
- Social Development
- TD Insurance