Generational poverty is a characteristic of poverty in Saint John. Poverty is concentrated in particular geographic areas within our region, making it even more difficult to dig out of poverty.
- 41% of single parents in Charlotte County live in poverty
- half of single parent families in Saint John live in poverty
- Median income for a single parent family is $17,000
Nearly all single parent families are headed by mothers. We invest your gifts in a very successful program that empowers women facing entrenched poverty to see a better future for themselves and their children. Once women feel better about themselves they are often ready to take concrete steps to build skills and gain credentials.
How you’re helping break the cycle of poverty
- 38 individuals were supported to find housing
- 121 individuals secured full or part time employment
- 514 individuals had improved connection to their community and support to remove barriers to improving their circumstances.
- 79 women participated in programs to improve their self-esteem, community connection and quality of life.
OUR OUTCOMES: Poverty to Possiblity
100% of your donation stays local.