Together, We Move People from Poverty to Possibility
THE CHALLENGE: Breaking the Cycle of Generational Poverty
Generational poverty is a characteristic of poverty in Saint John. Poverty is concentrated in particular geographic areas within our region, making it even more difficult to dig out of poverty.
- 41% of single parents in Charlotte County live in poverty
- half of single parent families in Saint John live in poverty
- Median income for a single parent family is $17,000
Nearly all single parent families are headed by mothers. We invest your gifts in a very successful program that empowers women facing entrenched poverty to see a better future for themselves and their children. Once women feel better about themselves they are often ready to take concrete steps to build skills and gain credentials.
Thanks to you:
- 83% of women who set education as a goal are in training or education within 6 months
- 75% of women who set employment as a goal are employed within 6 months
- 89% of adults will build soft skills required to get and keep a job (e.g., motivation, accountability, respect, problem solving)
- 90% of women will save $300
- 90% of women will increase two assets (financial, social, personal, physical, human).
100% of your donation stays local.