Healthy & Strong Communities
All that kids can be:
When children develop critical skills at a young age, they build a path to a successful life. Capable kids grow up to make our communities great. Every child from Havelock to Grand Manan deserves an opportunity to be all they can be.
The Challenge: Improving academic success for children
- 30% of children in Saint John live in poverty
- 26% of children in Charlotte County, 28% in St Stephen live in poverty
- 24% of children in our school district scored below appropriate reading level
How you’re helping kids with United Way
Your donations have effectively eliminated Summer Slide in Milltown and Black’s Harbour!
- 80% of children at these schools improved behaviour in the classroom!
- 63% of children at these schools improved literacy and numeracy over the Summer.
- 95% of children at these schools maintained literacy and numeracy over the summer!
- 86% of children at these schools improved reading on their report card!
- 75% of gr 11 students, who attend TRC regularly, will have Post Secondary Plans!
- 82% of gr 12 students who attend TRC regularly will have employment plans!
- 85% of gr 9 students engaged with the TRC will successfully transition to grade 10!
- 85% of youth on Grand Manan are on track to graduate on time!